My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Fran (aka The Angry Lurker), you are the MAN!!!!!

Good day everyone!

Yesterday I received a package from UK, from Fran The Angry Lurker,  who was more than kind to send me 3 trucks, 2 tanks, 1 kubelwagen and 10 metal figures!!!! Now, tell me how cool a guy that doesn't know you, can be????? :-) Fran, you are the MAN mate! :-)

Further below are the photos of the stuff he sent me:

1. Kubelwagen

2. Pz.Kpfw IV Ausf. F1


3. Pz 38 - T (from Pegasus)



4.  Metal figures (I'am afraid I don't know the manufacturer - perhaps TQD, SHQ)??


5. Trucks!!!




And in full array:


How should I paint the trucks? Any suggestions or reference photos?

Fran, you are the MAN mate!!!! Thank you!!

T.





11 comments:

  1. The figures are some TQD stressed officers, I bought a pack and one of the figures was damaged and I asked for a replacement figure and he sent me another pack, the resistance figures are Foundry and I had some duplicates, the other stuff well I didn't need or had extra (the kubelwagen has a panzerfaust and I can't use them).

    I'm actually blushing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great antidote to those who are always saying the internet makes us less connected :-)

    I can't help it, I have to suggest this one for the vans

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3469112816/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff and very generous. I've been on the receiving end of Fran's generosity myself and can confirm that he is indeed 'THE MAN'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's awesome. The models look slick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, you have doomed me! I own those very TQD figs. They are unpainted and once Thanos paints his, they will remain unpainted, for I will never be able to do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another example of what makes this hobby so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He´s a nice bloke that Fran...keeps Ray on a short leash though :-D
    Painting the trucks? how do you mean...types of paint or colour schemes??
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...those are really cool, A.L. is really cool for sending them to ya as well.

    Have fun painting those beauty's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely trucks! Just what I'm looking for. Manufacturer?
    /Joakim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have nothing but admiration for The Man, he is always really supportive of my postings; a real gent.

    Although fictional these might prove inspirational:

    http://panzerkaput.blogspot.com/2011/11/vbcw-vehiles.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lucky blighter! You should have lots of fun with these.

    Nice work Fran.

    ReplyDelete